Thursday, August 27, 2009

Let The Circle Be Unbroken...(please let it be unbroken!!!)

First of all, I have to thank all of you for your mega sweet comments on my last post. I really appreciate all of your encouragement and just think you're fabulous so thank you from the bottom of my blogging heart!

Today I wanted to share a couple of things I made for the new circle journal I'm doing with a fun group of artsy type peeps over at Gauche Alchemy. I chose to do an 8x8 album and the theme I chose is "Vintage Bling" (I know big shock, right? :P). As a way of signing in, I'm including blank tags for everyone to decorate with a request for them to include their favorite decade. Here is my tag:



I picked the 1950's (another huge shock, I know!) and included my name and why I love the 50's on the back of the tag. I'm also done with the cover sheet for the album:



For the cover I used an old picture and book page I got from my favorite haunt, Sleepy Poet Antique Mall, a few Thickers, some patterned paper the August kit and Basic Grey bling I got in a group buy over at LPS, some ribbon I bought in NY and a touch of the Blue Streak mixed media color kit from Gauche Alchemy. I've still got some more work to do on it before I send it off to its first stop but at least I'm getting somewhere! lol I'm excited for this project and really hope my journal makes it back home safe and sound!

A reminder before I go: I'm always looking for more Craftoholics to interview so if you're interested, be sure to read this post and e-mail me! :D

See you all tomorrow for another Fab Five!

22 comments:

Diana Fisher said...

Really like the blingy vintage here! Nice!!!

jacque4u2c said...

This is just gorgeous!!!!! I really love the style direction you are going! This is by far your fortay!!!!

Ann said...

Fab-u-lous!

Daniella said...

Your work is so dope, you know that!!!!! Very fab, very 50's. I LOVE IT!!!!!!
I bet I know more words to WEST SIDE STORY than you!!!! No one has ever loved it like me!!! So great to see another Natalie Wood/musical theatre fan

JANN said...

very nice Maggi, I like how you
pulled it all together...and the little stones....very cool! Aren't the 50's a fun era.....
have a good good day.

stefanie said...

what a super cute blog you have, i am just hopping around finding cute blogs, and found you. have a wonderful weekend,its almost here!

Winchester Manor said...

Absolutely fabulous Maggi! I just love your eye for detail and all your elements are PERFECT! If I teach you how to sew will you teach me how to do gorgeous LO's?

Hugs!!

debra@dustjacket said...

Oh nice pages, clever lil' lady, I like the photo of the lady in green too.
xoxo

Jackie said...

Fabulous work Maggi,they are simply gorgeous! I love the bling!

Steve & Joyce Rodli said...

Hi Maggi, glad you like the little mini kit. One thought comes to mind about what decade I like, I think I'll google to make sure. I like your cover page. I don't have a blog, however I am on Flickr if you're curious about me, i am in the gauche alchemy group so if you make it that way...(I haven't learn to cut and paste very well at this point). I'm already working on some of the things for the two pages for your book! It's a good thing I know you like the bling!! Happy happies. Joyce

Anonymous said...

Awesome stuff! love it Maggi!

Witchcrafted Life said...

Be still my vintage loving heart, these are très fantastique!!! Some of my favourite creative work of yours to date!

Wishing you a gorgeous Friday & weekend, sweetie!
♥ Jessica

Lola said...

Fantastic work, dear Maggi,they are ttally adorable! You're so talented!

xxLola:)

PS Hope DC took good care of you & you got back safely from Fiji!! (Or maybe you're still there from where you're sending out these superb posts!!)xx

Alicia said...

how awesome!! totally love them both!! man, how i wish i lived in the 50s....

Lisa said...

These are cute! I would love for you to interview me, but mostly those you interview stick to one craft??? I do a whole bunch of things (mostly because I get bored with one thing) I don't know if this is good or bad!?

Jocelyn said...

You did a wonderful job on these...so love the vintage look....Thinking of you today!!! :)

Denise Clark said...

Maggie, love your tag and your cover! Love the different fonts on the tag. That background paper is just perfect for the 50s theme! Love it! Such fun!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww...those are just gorgeous!!!!!!!!!! i keep meaning to email U about the Craftoholics thingy....but every time I think about it...I am heading out the door...like now :( ....ohhhhhhhhhhh did U "get" my song reference??? :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

NicNacManiac said...

Love the tag, the cherries are adorable!! Your cover is really cute too...you are one talented chickie!!

laterg8r said...

oooh, love love your circle journal entry :D you are rockin it girl!

nomorelittlemonkeys said...

I love your theme, and the page and tag are very cool!! I used that same paper with the cherries for my ATCs!

Unknown said...

awesome! i love bling on vintage!!! beautiful!