Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Let The Circle Begin

Over at Life Preservers, a few of the ladies and I are getting ready to start a Circle Journal. For those that don't know, a Circle Journal is when you pick a theme and start an album (as does everyone else in the circle), then you pass each others' albums around and everyone in the circle creates and adds pages to them. You get yours back and it's full of fabulous pages for you to enjoy, woo hoo!

My theme is called, "The Art In Me". I've asked the ladies to create a layout utilizing their favorite techniques, tools, paper or embellishments. They can add pictures of their scrap spaces or what inspires them (or no pictures at all!). I'm really hoping that they'll feel this is a creative theme, I'm excited to see their scrapping style up close after seeing it online!

So far, I've made the instruction page and the sign in page for my journal. In a Circle Journal, the sign in page acts as a table of contents of sorts and is another way for everyone to use their creative abilities. I've decided to make some blank tags and have them decorate them in any way they wish. Here's what I ended up with:



Here's my instruction page:

I'm excited to get this mailed! I've just got to do my own layout for my journal and it will be ready to go! Everyone has picked great themes from marriage advice and favorite quotes to "What I Love About Me" (I'm going to struggle with that one) and favorite vacation. I can't wait to get my first journal to work in, here's hoping my first Circle Journal goes smoothly!

15 comments:

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

what a fun idea!

i am stopping by to welcome you to the SITS community, we are thrilled you joined!

Sapphire said...

A circle journal sounds like a great idea!
Welcome to SITS!!!

Hello, I'm Vicki said...

WOW WOW WOW yummy CJ really fabby xxx

CivilWar Fangirl said...

That is such a cool idea!!! Good luck with it. I'm sure you'll do great with it!

jacque4u2c said...

Giving away a slice! WOWZERS!!!!

What an awesome idea on the circle album. Looks like that is going to be alot of fun!

Anonymous said...

sounds like a lot of fun and your sign in page is too cool!

DiPaola Momma said...

You are one tallented momma! Welcome to SITS, from the official Welcomistas.. I really like you blinkie too!

Julie said...

Stopping by to say welcome to the SITS community :)

Anonymous said...

I love your background design! I haven't seen this one before at cutest blog. And I must also say that I am so jealous of anyone who can scarpbook! The thought is always crossing my mind to give it a try, but there's so many things to use and choose from! Your journal sounds like a great idea! I think it would be neat to see how other people use their creative talents in a different way compared to mine.
Stopping by from the SITSahood to say welcome to you! Hope you enjoy it and hope to see you around!

Carma Sez said...

Great blog with lots of creative ideas!

Welcome to SITS. It is a wonderful community to be a part of - lots of inspiration and support...
Glad you're on board!
carma

Lisa M said...

I've done 3 different circle journals and LOVE each of them. You look like you have the beginnings of a great one yourself!

Just dropped in to welcome you to SITS! have a great day!

Just Lisa said...

cute cute cute! I love scrapping!

Welcome to SITS! We're happy to have you!

bethchien said...

Hey, girl! Happy Friday!
Your circle journal looks awesome!
I hope you have a good weekend! ;P
B

Young Momma said...

Cute blog! Stopping by from SITs! ;)

DomesticDivasFancy said...

Ohhh! What fun! I wish I had time...I am going out of town and have a wedding next weekend and close on our new house!!! Ahhh, I can wait to get a scrapbooking room finished so I can start again, scrapping out of boxes is just crazy!