Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Toot Moves and My Past Gets Blasted

So Toot turned 5 months old and tonight is her first night in her crib. (Up until now, she's been in a bassinet in our bedroom) I know she probably should have been in her crib before now but, as I told Chris, "Listen, she was inside me for 9 months, slept beside me in her bassinet for 5 months after that...I'm having separation anxiety here!" LOL

Luckily my husband understands and is very supportive. I miss her, is that silly? Ah well, there will be further separation for us in the years to come so I better thank God this one is just across the hall! lol

In other news, I have finished my layout for Week 6 of the LPS "Cruise Around the World in 8 Layouts". This week our assignment was to make a layout about a friend(s). I immediately thought of my best friend Corrie who I have known since we were 12 years old. I collected some old pictures of us and used them on my layout.

We've been friends for 21 years now and I wouldn't change a moment of it. We grew up talking about boys, Anne of Green Gables and New Kids on the Block. We were in each others weddings and we still hang out on a regular basis. I'm so thankful to have her in my life.

I can't believe there's only 2 more weeks left on our Cruise! I have no idea what I'll do when it is over, it's been a lot of fun. Of course, the weekend of our last week on board will be our Spring Fever Crop (March 27-29, click the blinkie on the top left to join us). See you there!

10 comments:

Hello, I'm Vicki said...

awww bless toot, i hope she sleeps well in her crib. loving the layout and your blog as ever. have a great week xxx

Pam said...

Visiting via SITS! I completely understand your feelings about Toot moving to her own room. You can always sneak in there and peak at her if you get too lonely :)

Lisa said...

Hope Toot transitions well, but I am most hoping you do...lol! It's tough making the necessary changes as our little ones grow. Even if it is just to move across the hall. Love your layout and so enjoyed visiting your blog!

Anonymous said...

Good luck to you with the transition.
Great layout! Oh.... Anne of Green Gables is one of my faves!

Anonymous said...

Cool idea for a LO.

It's wonderful to have great friends like that!

Sandy said...

Moving my kids to their crib was so hard! I was in their room all night checking on them!

I came by to welcome you to SITS! It's great to have you in the SITStahood:0)

angi_b72 said...

Welcome to the SITS community!! We are so glad to have you around!!

Mrs. Jelly Belly said...

Love the layout (and I hope you learn to enjoy having the baby in another room!).

Dropping by the welcome you to SITS - so glad to have you join us!

Sheri said...

Cool Layout! Oh and by the way, I read your note and figured out how to quit stalking myself! LMAO!!! How I managed to do that is beyond me. Anyway... Thanx! :)

Lynn Biermann said...

Great job scrapping a friendship!! Wonderful work ;)