Sunday, February 15, 2009

Left My Heart in San Francropo

*We're still going strong over at the 2 Scrappy Chix "Crop Your Heart Out" weekend (Click on the button above to join us!). It's basically like an online party where we chat in the forum, do scrapbook challenges and win great prizes. So fun!*

Here's another challenge completed!

There's a lot going on with the layout so I'll get right to it. The challenge was a "journaling" challenge where you had to create a layout utilizing "strip journaling". Once I found out what that really was, I put my clothes back on and started my layout. (Get it? "Strip" journaling because I was confused so I...never mind)

I titled it "New" and it truly is the perfect title for this layout. I love this picture of Toot because she's at that stage where everything is new and she's getting to the age where she's able to interact with her world more and more. You can see the wheels turning in her head as she tries to figure out how to get this toy in her mouth. Because that's where all toys go, right?

"New" is also the perfect title because I tried a lot of new things here and it just ended up snowballing on me! I tried flock for the first time (the frame around the journaling) and used a stamp for the first time (on the patterned paper...yikes!). I added a ribbon touch and Stickles accents to the title and journal square.

The words are my favorite part. They are actually those little "magnetic poetry" words you can use on your fridge. I thought they'd look better in my scrapbooking stash. lol

Keep on rolling,

Katamommy

1 comments:

CivilWar Fangirl said...

That is the cutest picture ever of Toot!!! Oh, and I've gotta say...you are one of the most creative people I know!! I love reading your posts about scrapbooking and seeing all the stuff you've created. It is great you've got that as a passion. :)