Monday, March 8, 2010

My Own Little Wonderland

Hi everyone! Well, here it is - I can finally show y'all what I made for Deb over at Sparkling Scrapbooks, hurray! lol

But first, if you haven't been there already, you must see my partner's blog and all of the wonderful things she made for me! Just click the collage to visit Deb!

**This post is mega picture heavy so you've been warned. lol

This box was the first idea I had and one of the last things I finished. It gave me fits from the beginning. It was probably because I was trying to alter a Hannah Montana box and it didn't appreciate me taking away its tween-ness. lol
But I finally prevailed, in your face Montana! (Singer not the State) lol ;)

Here's the top:


And here is the inside. I added some "eat me" cookies I made, some crocheted and some made out of paper.


For the bottom I created an elevated support for the new bottom I made out of sheet music. I also lined the sides with teal tulle and added the sequins. By the way, the new bottom I made for the box was inspired by the lovely box made for me by Yvonne at Do More With Less. Thanks for the inspiration Y! :D

This wall hanging was the first thing I made and it's still my favorite! It was actually a little clipboard but once I removed the hardware to paint it, I decided to leave it off and add wire instead. :D

This is a crown for the Queen of Hearts. Standing among some white roses that those naughty card soldiers have tried to paint red. And boy do I wish I could claim to have created the painting roses red idea but alas, I got it from Lark & Lola. lol
Top view:

Had to add some spray on glitter as well of course. :D

This is a picture frame I made for Deb in honor of her Grandmother. It was a basic wooden frame covered in patterned paper, bits and baubles and of course it was begging for a sequined border. Yes! lol


I laughed when I saw that Deb had made me an Alice in a jar since I had already made this one for her! lol I created a background which you can't really see because of the pink tulle. The tulle was against me! lol


This is the top of the jar:

A "D" for Deb with a Hello Kitty card soldier! :D

I also created this tag for her:


I also made some tags for each thing with a little poem on each with the intention that she could string them together to form a wall hanging but of course, I forgot to take pictures of it. LOL And there you have it! *whew* lol

Thanks for taking a peek at the things I created for Deb, this was so much fun! Thanks for being my partner Deb! Again, for those of you that participated in this swap, THANK YOU SO MUCH! I've so enjoyed seeing what you've created. Feel free to leave your swap post links in your comment!

Have a great day everyone! :D

27 comments:

Lola said...

Love yr Alice theme, Maggi! Wonderful! Same theme over at my place too - happy Blue Monday!

The Johnson Diaries

XOXO LOLA:)

Hearts Turned said...

What wonderful Alice creations, Maggi! You really had some fun, didn't you?! I love all of it--well done!

I'm going to take myself to the movie today--can't wait!

Hope you're having a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

WOW maggi! I love it all, very impressed! :-)

Unknown said...

Holy CRAP Maggi!!!! These are fanflippintastic. I WANT EM I WANT EM!!!!

Traci said...

You are so darn crafty- I can't stand it!! Love everything!!

Anonymous said...

Everything looks great. I love the box and Hello Kitty card soldier!!!

Carmen said...

I adore everything Maggi, It's all so gorgeous. I have rescued a similar box to your Hannah one out of the charity shop bag my dd2 had put out ready for us to take down town. Looking forward to playing with it :P

Jocelyn said...

Oh Maggi....these are all so awesome....you did a FABULOUS JOB....BE PROUD...you deserve a BIG AWARD!!!!

Wishing you a Fabulous week!!

Anonymous said...

The box turned out so cute! Very nice job!!

Droppin' in from SITS

Winchester Manor said...

Wowza Maggi! I love all of your creations! You clever, clever girl!!

My favorites are the box and the wall hanging...fabulous job my friend!

Hugs,
Karyn

Theresa MacNaughton said...

AMAZING!!!! I love it all, and I know that Deb will too. :) What a wonderful swap this was, Maggi, and I thank you for organizing it. I've made some wonderful friends through the swap, and that actually is better than any treasures I might have received. Again, lovely, lovely, LOVELY gifties!!!! Hope you got a chance to see the film - it was amazing!!! :) Theresa

Unknown said...

wow wow and more WOW! Gorgeous creations!! STUNNING!

This was a fun swap, thanks for hosting it!

Anonymous said...

Love all the things you made for Deb and that she made for you. Soo much fun! How the heck did your box get to her so quick though? Mine isn't scheduled to be there until today or tomorrow! ugh stoopid post office!

Hello there! My name is June said...

Great theme for a swap! I love all the clever things you came up with! So creative!

:o)

Anonymous said...

I just posted my creations on my blog.

Jackie said...

ooooh Maggi I LOVE all your creations...they're GORGEOUS!!!

jacque4u2c said...

You so rocked this Maggi!!!!!!!!! Deb is going to be over the top with these goodies!!!! You come up with the funnest projects!!!!

debra@dustjacket said...

Oh my gosh, so much creativity going on there, I think I have a brain freeze...cause it sure is beyond me honey.

I love it all, I love that picture of Alice you found for the not Montana box...lol.

Great job,
xxx DJ

deb famularo said...

Okay, after 1 1/2 hours in two car lines, I had time to compose myself from you spoiling me rotten! I hope you know how wonderful this experience was for me (no pun intended- well, maybe!) and on top of the fabulous artwork shared, the friendships made are even more special! Thank you SOOOO much for hosting this swap and for being my partner- this was my very first time doing anything like this and it for sure won't be my last! And it's not over cuz you and I are gonna share this Alice bond for life baby!!!!!! lol
lots of loVe to you, deb xOxO

Anonymous said...

Beautiful creations for your partner! Im sure she will adore them! My post is up and hope my partner doesnt peek! She was warned before I posted! Thank you for letting me join this swap, it was a lot of fun!
http://scrappycupcake.blogspot.com/2010/03/swap-peeks.html

C'est La Vie said...

these are SO great!!!

I LOVED the movie!

Duchess of Tea said...

Darling Maggi you are so talented, you did "Wonders" with Alice. It looks absolutely adorable. Wishing you a week filled with many blessings.

Love & Hugs
Duchess

laterg8r said...

what a fabulous bunch of goodies you made for her - the box is my FAVE :D

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

omygosh!!! maggi!!! these are just amazing!!! wow wow wow!!!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Unknown said...

Wow, lots of beautiful stuff here. I especially loved the cookies in the box, and hey, I see they are diet friendly cookies LOL.
Saw the movie on Saturday and it was awesome. Saw it in 3D. Even MrP liked it.
*kisses* HH

Stefanie Valentine said...

I love all of this, especially the cookies in the box! I wish i had your creativeness xx

Hannah said...

Looks Great! Just wanted to say that I am a BIG fan of Hannah Montana. She is cute and I even have a fan site for her! Well, this is the first time I am visiting your site. It's cool.