Friday, February 5, 2010

Friday Night Fab Five: Surprise!

Welcome to this week's Friday Night Fab Five where I list 5 things/people/places or who knows what that I have found fascinating during the week. This week is all about surprises. I like to be surprised if it is something good. Bad surprises not so much. (But really, does anyone like bad surprises? lol)

1. Swap Surprises




I have gotten a great response for my Wonderland Swap and I am surprised and touched! So many people are in love with this story and yes, it is so inspiring for artists of all mediums! If you haven't signed up yet, you still have time! Click the button to find out more! (And yes, this is both a surprise and a plug, so there. lol ;)

2. Blog Hopping Surprises

And just where has this book been all my life? This is First Book of Sushi by Amy Wilson Sanger. I discovered this book after coming across the most delightful post on Rice Babies. I so love sushi and now I have a way to introduce it to Toot as well. This book will be on her book shelf ASAP. Don't you love when you're innocently blog hopping and are surprised by a new discovery?

3. Austen-esque Surprises


You know, I'm pretty protective of my beloved Jane Austen. I'm always suspicious of new film versions of her works (Knightly as Elizabeth with that emo Darcy? *barf*) and have been recently unpleasantly surprised by the amount of shovel-ware books depicting her fabulous characters as vampires along with other sequels and what not. (Excepting "Pride & Prejudice & Zombies" that book was awesome).

ANYWAY, I have been pleasantly surprised by PBS' version of "Emma" which is a new mini-series. Emma has always been my least favorite of Austen's heroines but at least now we have a decent telling of her story. And if the actress playing Emma looks familiar, you may remember her as Charlotte Lucas' younger sister in the A&E version of "Pride & Prejudice".

4. Past Fab Fives Coming Back Surprises

So, remember last week's Friday Night Fab Five where the creepy guy wanted me to go back to college? Well guess who I ran into while visiting Flickr this week?
Now he wants me to get a discount on auto insurance! You know what would be really weird is if this guy is actually a model. Why in the world does his picture keep cropping up in these ads?!


5. Surprising My Readers


You know, it's not every day I get to surprise you, my dearest readers so I am SUPER excited to announce that Toot is going Hollywood! Well, sort of...For those of you who have been long time TV watchers, maybe you can guess my news from this picture...
So?!?!?! Ah yes, you guess it! I submitted a video of Toot over the Christmas holiday and heard back from America's Funniest Home Videos that they would like to use it in an episode. Can you believe it?! It's not a video I've ever posted here so I will be sure to let you know when it airs (which is right now scheduled to be late March). :D We're not finalists or anything like that but hey, Toot's going to be on TV getting the crap scared out of her by a jack in the box. Woo hoo!

And there you have it! Another Friday Night Fab Five for the ages! Have you been delightfully surprised this week?

28 comments:

Michelle said...

Great Fab Five! So exciting about Toot! Even though she is getting the crap out of her...who cares, she'll be famous! LOL

Ann said...

Woohoo for Toot! That's awesome! :D

deb famularo said...

OMG, TooT on TV!!!!
that is SOOO cool Maggi! You are so awesome to submit a video, way to go! I can't wait to see!!!!!!!!
( Ewww creepy guy really IS creepy!!!!) xOxO

Andrea said...

Go on with your bad self, Little Toot! I love the fab 5, especially the creepy guy, again.

Anonymous said...

OMG, I'm so excited for Toot' debut. AFV is actually one of my favorite shows(admitting it is the first step lol). I can't wait to see her!

Winchester Manor said...

Hi Sweet Friend,

I'm super excited about the swap!

What a cute little book Maggi, it's never to early to learn about Sushi!

Ummmm Maggi, that guy is scaring me and I think it's the same guy who lives under a nearby freeway overpass. If it is, be very careful he hit my mom over the head with a large salami at the local deli...I'm not kidding!

Oh I can hardly wait to see Toot make her TV debut! That is so exciting Maggi!!

Love and hugs,
Karyn

Robyn Lee said...

Ohhhhh! How exciting about the video!! Definitely keep us up to date on that.. FUN! : )

Jocelyn said...

Great Fab 5 and WOO HOO about Toot...I can't wait to see the video!!!

Have a great weekend!!! :-)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

can not wait to see the toot video!!! that is soooooooooooooooooo cool!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Maggi, congrats about Toot! Toot the tv star!!! That is such fun. :) I am doing my part to spread the word about the swap. I'm so excited for it. And I'm pleased to hear that you liked the Masterpiece Theatre version of Emma. I missed it, unfortunately~so I shall just have to buy the DVD (I'm a wee obsessed).
Have a great evening and congrats again about young Toot!
Theresa

debra@dustjacket said...

Oh Tootie on TV, my little honey!

I so agree with you re #3, will have to look out for that series. I cannot even bring myself to watch the Knightly one, mum was pretty vocal about how bad it was, so enough said.
xxx

JANN said...

Yes congrats on Toots, that is exciting , would love to view it :)
Wishing you both a fabulous Friday !!
Another great week-end for you too .

Carmen said...

Guess what? I own a Rice Babies crown!! Well, not me, Ruby, but I love it. I won two Charlie & Lola dolls for her so she kept one and we sold the other for her and bought her a crown!! A little woodland one. So cute. I love her blog.

You might not know this as I'm pretty good at keeping my feelings under wraps. But am a teeny weeny bit excited about the swap. Just a weeny weeny bit :P

And Toot! Oh my goodness - this is the first step on the glittery staircase to stardom. Should I get her autograph now before she doesn't want to kow the little people any more?? How adorable - give her a big congratulary hug from me :o)

Ooh and one last thing - I'm DESPERATE to read the zombie/Austen book. So pleased you liked it. Did Lost in Austen air over there? It was a gorgeous tv show where a modern girl gets sucked into the Austen world. She forced Mr Darcy into the lake so he would get wet. OMG he was gorgeous!

Carmen said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_in_Austen

Unknown said...

yey! you go toot!

wanna have a FREE heart necklace for vday? click here

New Mommy!!! said...

Stopping by from SITS!! Love your blog! Happy Saturday and Superbowl Sunday Weekend! Congrats on the America's Funniest Home Videos, that's too funny!!

I make all my pics and profile private on Flkr, so peopel don;t bother me, hope that helps:) I had creepy guys following me, so I had to mark it private!

Debbie said...

How fun! We love AFV so much. Be sure to let me know when it is on.

thatgirlisfunny said...

Hi SITStah,
What a great idea with your Fab 5. It's a great way to express gratitude and celebrate life's surprises, gaffes and gorgeous moments. Can't wait to see your vid on America's Funniest Home Videos. How cool is that?

laterg8r said...

that is super cool that toot gets to be on tv :D

jacque4u2c said...

That is just fantastic!!! GO TOOT!

Jackie said...

Awesome fab 5, and that is so coool Toot is going to be on AFV!

Gina M Smith said...

What a great blog! HI-larious 'Bachelor' update. I love good readin' and writin'.

Kat @ www.TodaysCliche.com said...

Just loved this post... coming from SITS. Random, but are you going to Bloggy Boot Camp in Baltimore?

Anonymous said...

yay toot!!

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Hi Maggi.
I received the very cute as can be Bear last week & I am featuring it on my Blue Monday Post today !Thanks so very much ! This is great Fab 5 Post & How exciting for Toot's video to be on TV !
Blessings,
~Myrna

Daniella said...

THAT sushi book is fantastic!! and you MUST follow up with "yum yum dim sum"!!

and Toot live? wow!! well, we all knew it was just a matter of time, didnt we?

i got a few surprises today, and yes, i LOVE good surprises!!

Unknown said...

OMG, go Toot, bring home da money daaaaaaahling, I know you can win this one.
*kisses* HH

Unknown said...

HA!! I can just imagine how cute that video is!! Congrats!