Sunday, January 10, 2010

This Week in Twitter: January 3-9, 2010

Talking about Twitter in this week's Fab Five gave me the idea of sharing some of my tweets and/or @ replies I got to my tweets. (Uh, say what Maggi?) Well for those of you not "Twittering" @ replies are responses to things you've tweeted. I got some very interesting people tweeting back @ me this week and wanted to share:

(Click for larger view)


1. Um hello, the original Bachelorette, Trista responds to my tweet re: The Bachelor?! WOO FREAKIN' HOO! lol

2. Check it out, it's Melissa from Scrapz N Stuff. She's Canadian, she's gorgeous, she scraps...n stuff. LOL I made a funny... Plus, she just (sort of) recently signed up for Twitter which is awesome because she claims to not "get it". I can relate, I felt the same way when I signed up!

3. This is my friend Mary from Maremy's Blog who is an expert on all things tea, working out and cooking. I'm tired just reading her tweets. lol

4. Hey look! It's Melissa from Scrapz N Stuff again! I thought she said she didn't "get" Twitter? Hmmmm... (speaking of which, she's doing a Basic Grey giveaway! check it out HERE)

5. Emma from Emma's Music. She is an absolute doll and her music is so beautiful and fun. Her blog is always bright and upbeat and she offers downloads of some of her songs for free (get them, get them now!) I could totally picture her in a 1940's nightclub. You simply must visit with her for a while.

6. Wait a minute...Melissa from Scrapz N Stuff again?! Dude, she totally gets Twitter! LOL

7. Ahhh, my favorite Fairy EVER it's Twig (Twig the Fairy.com). I say that one can never go wrong with a fairy on her Twitter. Where else would you get fairy dust, hmmmm? P.S.-You can meet Twig the Fairy online and possibly at your local Renaissance Faire so check her out, I <3 her!

8. I've mentioned Twinkie Chan before but I'm not sure you could ever mention her and her amazing work enough. She's the girl that crochets food and makes them into fabulous things. This is a creative soul that knows her way around yarn and hooks.

And there it is! A little snippet from this week in my Twitter! lol Too fun! If you haven't signed up yet, go for it! And then look me up, my username is "addglitter" :D

A couple more things before I let you go to enjoy your Sunday:

Hey, if you're considering joining the circle journal swap, I still have a couple of spots left, don't by shy! :D Details are in this post (Open to US and Canadian residents).

I'll see you on Tuesday for your dose of Bachelor goodness. Who will Jake pick? Who will cry? And will Jake ever find a shirt? Tune in Tuesday! :D

Happy Sunday everyone!

21 comments:

jacque4u2c said...

I am not on twitter - but it looks like fun - I may have to make this one of my 2010 goals - to tweet and fb!

Debbie said...

I am on twitter but I still don't truly understand how to do it! Maybe you can post a little tutorial:)
Stopped by from SITS.

deb famularo said...

lol , You are so funny! And that's pretty cool about Trista on your list! hehehe
I am such a dork on Twitter! It's totally addicting though! I need to get my butt on there more! xOXO

Winchester Manor said...

How fun Maggi that the original bacelorette commented...that truly is a big fat WOO FREAKIN' HOO!

Love and hugs,
Karyn

Hearts Turned said...

Fun stuff, Maggi! I did join Twitter, but haven't done anything with it yet--guess I need more convincing! Hope you're having a fabulous weekend with your beautiful family!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

very very very very cool! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

The Wallace Family said...

That's awesome that Trista tweeted you! How cool:) Can't wait to see what you have to say about Bachelor this week!!

Unknown said...

I am on Twitter, but not really sure what I am doing. Just stopping by from SITS to say hello. Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

OMG, trista and you are bff's forever!

thanks for all the references to me, made me feel all warm and fuzzy!

laterg8r said...

so awesome to get tweeted by trista :D

Carmen said...

No, no, no, no...to much time online as is without something else distracting me. I'll just read about everyone elses Twitter. Oh maybe I'll just look then...

Eileen said...

Not being a resident of Twitterville, I'm not really up on it, but you did seem to get some interesting tweets, I have to say. :)

debra@dustjacket said...

Oh wow, Trista. I remember her series so well and her fireman, what a honey.

I'm so bummed I'm not up to date with you guys. So they picked Jake!
xxx

yyam said...

Glad you had fun on twitter!

I tweet about interesting finds on the web...stuff that inspire me...but don't really use it to communicate with friends. My problem is the time difference...my friends are in a different hemisphere! I feel stupid replying to a 12 hour old tweet...;(

Theresa MacNaughton said...

I'm following Twig because of you! :) I'd like to check out Emma's music now, as well. Sometimes you can meet the greatest folks on Twitter. It's a lot of fun!!! Have a great night...Theresa

Jacque said...

This is so cute!! I love tweeting! Oh I just wanted to let you know that I ending up buying that hello kitty wedding topper that you pointed out on my twitter! Thanks for helping me find it!!

Unknown said...

Very cool :). Twitter can be so much fun.

ellen s. said...

oh twitter sounds like fun but i just can't take the plunge...i would be on my pc even more! LOL!

Anonymous said...

no twits here lol... so now I know where you really spend all your time. lol!

Cassie said...

I love Twitter!!!
How did we live without it?

CivilWar Fangirl said...

Maggi,
Thanks so much for the mention on your blog!! It's great to know someone is reading my tweets :) I certainly enjoy following you on Twitter as well!

This is such a great entry, cause I've now found some more very cool people to follow on Twitter!

You rock!! :)

xoxo,

Mary