Tuesday, December 29, 2009

2009 Blog In Review

Hey everyone!

We're headed off to my mom's house for a couple of days to celebrate the new year, how nice it will be to get away for a while! But before I go I wanted to wish you a very happy new year's! I'm so excited to get started on 2010 and look forward to accomplishing some big things next year!

I thought for my final post of 2009 I would list some of my favorite posts from 2009. I started this blog in January and thought it would be appropriate to do a sort of year end review, if you will indulge me of course. :D (Post titles are linked to the post, click read and enjoy!)

January - "Scraptastic!" - Total old school layouts of my Toot back in January. She was 3 months old in these pictures.

February - "Whole Lotta Nothing Going On" - Nothing much going on in this post either but I do use Toot as a way to get more comments. I think I'm funny anyway. :P

March - "The Most Dramatic Blog Post Ever" - Like I write in the post, this entry is so much funnier if you watch The Bachelor (which starts up again next week WOOOOO HOOOO!) There's also a layout of Toot that I still am in love with, what a cutie she is (to me anyway), lol.

April - "Friday Night Fab Five: This Happened I Swear! Edition" - I include a lot of embarrassing information in this post, don't say I never give you anything. :P

May - "Someone's In the Kitchen With Scrapbooks" - Some layouts from the kitchen cookbook/scrapbook I did for a friend's mother. I am really wanting to do this for my family's recipes one day!

June - "Sleep Poet, Unsleepy Maggi" - Holy crap, my very first visit to Sleepy Poet Antique Mall! One of my favorite places on Earth for amazing vintage goodness...

July - "I'm Dreaming of a Blog Christmas" - I had so much fun hosting my Christmas in July blog party! My fingers are still recovering from their comment leaving...

August - "Toot Take Manhattan, New York Part Two" - I am admittedly my own harshest critic. Ironically, I also think I am hilarious. (Am I using "ironically" correctly? Ah, blah whatever) So pardon me as I chuckle at "Toot" writing her first post. :P

September - "Tootie in the Sky With Ice Cream...And Lies..." - I still love this layout I did based on my Granny telling a big fat lie and getting caught for it. I can't wait to tell Toot this story when she's older.

October - "Welcome to the Blog of Horror...Enter If You Dare..." - This was the second of Vanessa's blog parties I participated in and I had so much fun with this post. I still think my Playlist of Horror is truly terrifying...

November - "This Is The Post that Never Ends" - I truly appreciate every award and/or tag I'm given! I have to admit though that I got the biggest kick out of answering the questions for these tags. This post also proves you should never try to blog when you're tired, things tend to get loopy...

December - The end of the year already?!

"Inspiration From the East" - I find artistic inspiration from so many things, most recently Japanese street fashion. The colors, the shapes, the styles all bring to mind things you can use in scrapbooking, art journaling or whatever your artistic poison may be...

And there you have it! The whole year in one blog post! Maybe I should just do one big long post at the end of the year instead of writing all the time...LOL ;) Thanks for a great year everyone! If I don't talk to you before, have a happy and safe New Year's...

See you in 2010!!!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woooo, coool idea Maggie. Loved kickin it old school with you :)

debra@dustjacket said...

Oh that was fab Maggie, will have to revisit them.

Have the best New Year .. to all of you! See you on the flipside.
xoxo DJ

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

maggi....i have just "met" U this year...and every post is highly entertaining....love ya girl...and have an amazing 2010! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Bananastamper said...

Happy New Year Maggi! I can always rely on you for a chuckle whenI sit down to blog surf - thansk for that! Enjoy the time with your family. Cheers,
Shanna :)

Unknown said...

happy new year!


wishing you good health, wealth and love and beauty for 2010. cheers!


I am Denise Katipunera

yyam said...

Just wanted to stop by to wish you a fabulous new year Maggi!:)

JANN said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR MAGGI. KEEP DAZZLING ME/US WITH THAT GREAT SMILE OF YOURS.

laterg8r said...

great blog review - i'm gonna have to go look at the embarrasing stuff now LOL :D
(i wasn't in the blog world till june so i missed it)

Unknown said...

i'm so happy i found your blog maggi! i hope you have a great new years celebration too! loved your blog in review....thanks for all the giggles my friend!

hugs,
mo

Jocelyn said...

Loved this idea and the visits with you!!!

Wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year filled with good health, much happiness, many smiles and lots of love!!!! :-)

jacque4u2c said...

You blog so rocks!! I can't wait for 2010!!!! have a great time with you Mom!!!! Give Toot a big HUG!!!!

Miss Go Lightly said...

I'm tickled pink with your blog, and the adorable pics of Toot! She's gorgeous! Looking forward to the goodies you will have in store for us in 2010! Have a wonderful New Years dahling!

The Wallace Family said...

I love reading your blog posts everyday! I am sure you are amazed at how much your blog has grown over the year!! Your so popular:) Hope you enjoy the time with your mom and have a Happy New Year!!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the year end review Maggi! So glad you started blogging so I could meet you. Happy New Year to you and your adorable family. And blessings to you for the new year!

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Happy New Year to you, Maggi! I'm so happy that we met this year - and I look forward to a brand new year of recipe exchanges and fun. Thanks for this great overview of your blog. Best of Just Add Glitter and Stir!!! - I LIKE IT!!! :) Theresa

Miss Liz said...

Great post! Got me up to date on some of the things I've missed while I was on my blog break!

Treacle said...

Very happy to hear you got your corset in the mail! I can't wait to hear what you think of it. :-)

Daniella said...

Maggi, You rock!! I have been with you for most of the year, I started On January 1st too!!

but clearly, i suck at this because i only have 35 followers.

BUT, i heart you! and in my happy new year post, i show a pic of me wearing my antique apron from my grandma, and i wrote i did it for you!!

Happy New year cutie and dh and toot too!!

Ashley said...

Oooh I love this. I recently found your blog so I definitely want to go back and check some of these out :)

Happy New Year!!

Jackie said...

This is a fab idea...I missed a few will have to go back and check them out....HAPPY NEW YEAR.