Monday, August 31, 2009

Her Name Is Von And She Is A Craftoholic...

Welcome to this week's edition of Craftoholics!

No idea what the what I'm talking about? Go here to find out more!

This week's Craftoholic is special and so much fun because not only is she a major Craftoholic, but she also owns Life Preservers Scrapbook Kit Club! Help me welcome the fabulous Von Tinney!


Please list any crafts you enjoy making.

"Scrappin'!"

What is your favorite?

"Scrappin!"

Easy enough! lol


I love this envelope mini album! Such a great use for those seasonal decorative envelopes I will never use! lol


When did you start making crafts? Was there a particular reason or event that got your started?

"When I was growing up we owned a ceramic shop and it seems like I've been doing crafts forever."

What do you like to do when you aren't crafting?

"Read, surf, chat online"

Surf? As in the ocean? Where the sharks live?! Impressive! lol ;)

What makes you a craftoholic? What drives you to create?

"I am a Craftoholic because I am in my scrapbook room when I'm not working the scrapbooking business. I collect scrappy supplies-it seems like there's always something that I "need". It gives me balance and peace...I feel like I'm actually doing something for myself."


Oh boy I love that paper distressing...*drool*


**I was dying to know some inside info on running a kit club and luckily Von was more than willing so share! Click the button to check out LPS!**



What made you decide to get into the scrapbook kit business?

"I was approached by the previous owner of Life Preservers and I didn't even have to think twice before I said YES!"

What’s the best part of owning a kit club?

"I get to work around and with the products I love! My research involves checking out the newest and hottest items and trends and that's a blast!"

How you decide what to put in each kit?

"Okay...now you're asking the hard questions! I try to keep myself abreast of what scrappers are loving at the moment. I listen to my client base and make my selections based upon their likes/desires. I do better creating a kit with papers that I'm really into also; I know that not everyone has the same taste as myself and sometimes it's a stretch to put together a kit that is a different style than what I normally scrap with. I love it when a kit comes together and the finished product is a bag of goodies that I would go out and buy myself (because if I wouldn't buy it then how can I expect someone else to?)"

What is your favorite food?

"Peanut M&Ms"

Oh boy oh boy, I live for M&Ms!



What food do you hate to eat?

"LIVER (eww)"


What a perfect gift certificate holder!


How long have you been blogging?

"Over a year-(I'm not as good as I should be about keeping it up)"

What do you like best about blogging?

"Having a place to post pics for far away family (BUT I really love looking at blogs by other crafters)."

What craft have you always wanted to try but, for whatever reason, never have?

"Crochet"

Oh no! You've been ship wrecked on a deserted island! (Luckily you grabbed your adhesive and scissors before you jumped ship!) Name 3 other crafting supplies that your creative survival depends upon! (Note: Capt. Jack Sparrow is not a crafting supply!)

"LOL! Distressing Inks are a NECESSITY for me, buttons and ribbon (I'm assuming the island has an endless supply of cardstock,...hehe!)"

You can visit Life Presevers Scrapbook Club by clicking here and Von's Esty shops here, here and here!

Thanks for letting me interview you Von! You are definitely a Craftoholic!

Be sure to check back next Monday when another lucky victim...ahem, I mean crafter will be added to the Craftoholic family!

18 comments:

Sandi Clarkson said...

Great cards and project. You should try crochet. I learned it form my mom and gramma who were the world's best. Please stop and visit my blog sometime!
SAndi
http://softsideofsandi.blogspot.com/

Liway said...

Awesome Maggi - I loved learning a little more about VON!!! I love LP as you know.....definitely the best kit club and the FUNNEST message board around. I mean really ....how could you possibly beat the CRUISE and now BIG SCRAPPER HOUSE??? Von is the BEST there is!! :)

Alicia said...

yay for von!! she made some seriously cute stuff!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Holyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy WOW-zers!!!! Her stuff is AMAZING! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Marie Reed said...

Hooray for the latest Craftaholic! I like liver and onions... It's my Grandma's fault she can cook it up in a heavenly way. I hate brusselsprouts though so that keeps me in the normal gal club, right?

Marie Reed said...

IIIII can go anywhere... take a look..it's in a book...Reading Rainbow!!!!!!!!!!!! It's all your fault Maggi:)

Lola said...

Great to learn a bit more about Von & her terrific work!

Great post, Maggi, thanks for sharing and have a wonderful week!

xxLola:)

PS thanks for stopping by -totally with you about those dog fashions!! xx

laterg8r said...

love this interview, great distressing on all the projects :D

nomorelittlemonkeys said...

Von is an incredible scrapper, on top of being the owner of the most awesome kit club!! I'm so glad to see her work featured! Great interview, Maggi!

Winchester Manor said...

Von has amazing skills...love her work!

Angela L. said...

This was AWESOME!!! Great interview Maggi and Von.... I just can't get enough of Von's beautiful projects.

Lisa said...

Really love her distressing techniques! Great interview!

Unknown said...

VON ROCKS!! Thanks for introducing our fearless leader to the rest of the cyberworld :D

Unknown said...

I'll always give a nice round of applause for those that are 'crafty'. I am far from and will continue to be so. My blood does not contain crafty cells nor will it ever.

Daniella said...

Hi Von!!!
Love your work!! I will check out your kit club next. Sounds FAB!!

Karen said...

Well, it looks like there is another fab blog to go check out! The talent online is just amazing and I love that you take the time to highlight some of it, Maggi! Von, that Christmas card is just splendid! :>

Jocelyn said...

Great interview.....some serious talent here!!!! Thanks Maggi..I so enjoy all your talented interviews!!!

Donna C said...

Great interview with Von , Maggi ! I love LP and it isnice to know more about the owner ..... the kits rock as does the MB !!!!