Monday, June 29, 2009

Her Name Is Mo And She Is A Craftoholic...

Welcome to this week's edition of Craftoholics!

No idea what the what I'm talking about? Go here to find out more!

This week's Craftholic is none other than the multi-talented: Mo!


Please list any crafts you enjoy making. What is your favorite?

"I LOVE scrapbooking! I also enjoy card making and jewelry making. I’m so very forgetful and scrapbooking helps me remember stories. As a teen, I wrote in a diary and scrapbooking is a lot like keeping a diary...a visual one."

What a great point, I love the way you think!

click to watch the video and take a tour of Mo's fabulous craft space!



When did you start making crafts?

"I first got into scrapbooking in 1997 when it was still stickers and paper. I was a college student then so I didn’t have a lot of time for my new found hobby. Through the years I enjoyed looking at craft magazines and I got back into the hobby about 2001. By 2003 after my first child was born and it just became more and more frequent. I was THOROUGHLY OBSESSED by then! In 2007, I discovered card making through Stampin’ Up! and quickly became a Demonstrator to support my craft addiction!"


From Mo: "I love this card! I created it for one of Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration Challenges last fall. So far it is my favorite of card creation."

What do you like to do when you aren't crafting?
"I enjoy working in the garden, watching movies and tuning into American Idol. I spend a lot of time with my parents when they visit twice a week. When American Idol is on, we sit and watch and critique! When AI isn’t on (like now), I tend to scrapbook LOTS more!!!!"

What makes you a craftoholic? What drives you to create?

"I think you’re DEFINITELY a craftoholic when you go to bed anxious for the next day so you can craft again after some well-needed rest. Sometimes, if there is one particular idea I’d like to start on, I can’t even sleep! I’ll toss and turn and finally decide to get out of bed and go to my craft room! I do a lot of card creating when I have Stampin’ Up! workshops to prepare for but what really drives me to create is my friends and family. I hand make most of the presents I give! I even start making presents for the Holidays at this time of the year to have them all ready when the season hits!"

I know what you mean about having an idea that keeps you awake, I'm the same way! lol


From Mo: "Another project I absolutely love is this vintage book I did. It was inspired by Beth Perry's vntage book idea on Vintage Plum's site. It ended up being a mini book of my young chidhood in the Philippines, Guam and Hawaii. I plan on making several "volumes"...he he....as I age and one for each sister! As far as my FAVORITE scrapbooking style, I would say this represents me the best! I can go from clean layouts to busy and cluttered! What can I say? I like my cluttered creations the BEST!"


What is your favorite food?

"I LOVE Korean Food and my mom’s home cooked Filipino food."

What food do you hate to eat?


"Anything raw…specifically, anything that used to be ALIVE…I cannot eat raw! Eeeew!"

How long have you been blogging?

"1 year! Wooohoooo! I just celebrated my blogoversary!"

How fun! Happy blogoversary!

What do you like best about blogging?


"I really enjoy the support and inspiration you get from blog buddies! I go blog hopping and visit them, and also find new buddies along the way! Since I’ve started blogging, I feel I’ve grown a lot as a scrapbooker. I can see a lot of improvement in my layouts! It’s amazing!"


From Mo: "I love this layout because this is the one and only professionally shot baby photo of me. It's a HUGE 5x7 photo and I'm wearing this totally cute crochet hat! I love the lace cardstock and bling I used!"


What craft have you always wanted to try but, for whatever reason, never have?

"Quilting and sewing! Never actually tried it. I got a sewing machine which I used initially to hem a couple pants. I fully intended to take classes…but you know us craftaholics!!! I have too many hobbies I don’t have TIME to learn a new one even though I really want to! Now, my sewing machine is dedicated to scrapbooking. I come from a line of seamstresses and tailors, so I know the talent is buried in me somewhere!!! I can FEEL IT!"

Sewing is going to be my next undertaking too! lol Here's fingers crossed for both of us! lol

Oh no! You've been ship wrecked on a deserted island! (Luckily you grabbed your adhesive and scissors before you jumped ship!) Name 3 other crafting supplies that your creative survival depends upon! (Note: Capt. Jack Sparrow is not a crafting supply!)

"Darn! I love me some Johnny Depp! Oooooh, that’s a hard one! Double sided cardstock, ribbon, and my set of markers (that counts as one item…right?)!"

Thanks for letting me interview you Mo! You are an all around Craftoholic!

Be sure to check back next Monday when another lucky victim...ahem, I mean crafter will be added to the Craftoholic family!

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAH! Love craftaholics like me :D

Alicia said...

i'm so jealous....i wish i was born with an awesome craftaholic gene!!

Witchcrafted Life said...

That charmingly lovely verdant hued card is marvelous! Thank you for highlighting another wonderfully crafty soul, Mo's article was fun to read :)


Big hugs & happy wishes for the week ahead, sweetie!
♥ Jessica

debra@dustjacket said...

Thanks Mo, good idea about the spice rack.... I love Johnny Depp too! :)

Hi to darling Maggi too!xx

Marie Reed said...

How neat to even see a video of her craft room! Great to see these Craftaholic features!

Allison said...

That vintage book blows me away!!!!

Dorkys Ramos said...

Very lovely creations! She's very talented :)

Visiting from SITS today!

Tricia said...

I wish I had just one creative hair on my body. I love looking at the pictures and reading about all these artistic people!

Thanks for the comment over on my blog!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mo,

I love how you interviewed yourself!

Congratulations! You were the random number winner on my blog for the Mad Hatter giveaway! I looked for an email but couldn't find one so if you would email me jmkoriginals@yahoo.com

Judy

Anonymous said...

Hi Mo,

I love how you interviewed yourself!

Congratulations! You were the random number winner on my blog for the Mad Hatter giveaway! I looked for an email but couldn't find one so if you would email me jmkoriginals@yahoo.com

Judy

Winchester Manor said...

Hi Maggi!

Mo's work is beautiful and I LOVE that craft room of hers, just the inspiration I needed to keep working on getting organized!

Hugs,
Karyn

Lisa said...

Another great interview! Loved seeing her craft room! And Maggi, I'm looking for your personal interview...we need to see your answers to these most awesome questions! How 'bout it?

Chris said...

I love the studio tour

Anonymous said...

Yay Mo!

Another great interview Maggi!

Traci said...

Mo is mahjorly talented!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwww love her crafty space!!!! That girl GOT TALENT!!! Another AWESOME interview Maggi! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Joanna Jenkins said...

Happy blogoversary! Love your crafty work Mo. I'm all thumbs when it comes to this but I still like to scrapbook.

GREAT INTERVIEW, thanks guys :-)

Calia Yang said...

BIG FAN OF MO'S!!! gotta love her work!!! this was an uber interview!!! ^_^

Unknown said...

Darling picture of u :). I am a johnny depp fan too. Had a crush on him since 21 Jump Street (lol, I'm an oldie i guess)

Unknown said...

Maggi! Thanks for interviewing me! It was tons of fun! The comments were so very kind and sweet - I am so honored! I've been at work and finally have time to catch up on my hello's and thank yous to all my blog friends! I will add your blinkie now! I'm so happy to get my craftaholic badge...he he! I really am!

bethchien said...

I love Mo!!! Yayaya !! So sorry I am seeing this late!
Love you girls!

Diana Fisher said...

Mo is one of the best!! Great choice for this interview. Mo, loved reading all the stuff about you ... YUM about Johnny Depp and ditto on the raw-food-that-used-to-have-a-pulse!