Monday, June 15, 2009

Her Name Is Jacque And She Is A Craftoholic...

Welcome to this week's edition of Craftoholics!

No idea what the what I'm talking about? Go here to find out more!

This week's Craftholic is none other than the fantastic: Jacque!


Please list any crafts you enjoy making. What is your favorite?

"I have a passion for all crafting, sewing, reupholstering, scrapbooking, cross stitch, ceramics, crocheting, and I could go on and on - I just love making stuff! At the present I am very ADDICTED to my scrapbooking - it so much fun and now that I have the blog it is even more fun!"


What a great creative space!


When did you start making crafts? Was there a particular reason or event that got your started?


"I think I literally came out of the womb being creative and crafty - I was the girl in school that got by because of all the extra credit assignments, give me a glue stick and I can go to town!!! When my daughter was born, I became very addicted to scrapbooking. When we bought our first home as a married couple with child, I became addicted once again to recovering every used item we could find at yard sales etc., and making it fresh and exciting. Paint and fabric can cover a multitude of imperfections - LOL!!!!"

Boy, I could so use your talent at my house! lol


From Jacque: "This is a sectional that I recovered a few years ago. We bought it at a yard sale for $125.00 and it had a terrrible green stripped fabric YUCK!!!!! So, I ordered this fabric in bulk and recovered it. Now, it is the center of our mexican themed family room. The fabric is actually chef pant material called Mexican Hat Dance - Chef pant fabric is very durable and it cost me a fraction of what I would of paid for regular upolstry fabric - WOO-HOO!!!! I think when everything was said and done the Couch cost us around $200.00. WE LUV IT!"


What do you like to do when you aren't crafting?

"Spend time with my family."

What makes you a craftoholic? What drives you to create?


"EVERYTHING!!! Colors, pictures, old stuff that can be made new - practically everything. I can just see something's potential and go for it! It so much FUN!!!!"


From Jacque: "This is my very first Paper Bag Album, I made it for my step mom after she took the kids to the circus. She got a real kick out of it."


What is your favorite food?

"Chinese"

What food do you hate to eat?

"LIMA BEANS - BLUCK!!!"

How long have you been blogging?

"Since August 2008"

What do you like best about blogging?

"All the wonderful ideas and connections I have made - who needs to subscribe to craft mags anymore when you have an abundance of wealth and knowledge at a keystroke!"

What craft have you always wanted to try but, for whatever reason, never have?


"Knitting"


From Jacque: "A fun cake I made for the kids, one summer. They just had so much fun gobbling it up, after I spent so much time on it - it was funny. I enjoyed it seeing it get devoured!"


Oh no! You've been ship wreaked on a deserted island! (Luckily you grabbed your adhesive and scissors before you jumped ship!) Name 3 other crafting supplies that your creative survival depends upon! (Note: Capt. Jack Sparrow is not a crafting supply!)

"GLITTER, MY CAMERA & RIBBON!!!!!!!!"

Thanks for letting me interview you Jacque! You are one amazing Craftoholic!

Be sure to check back next Monday when another lucky victim...ahem, I mean crafter will be added to the Craftoholic family!

15 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh I just LOVE JACQUE!!!!!She is AWESOME!!!! GREAT interview! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Jocelyn said...

I love Jacque too!!! She is the sweetest person and I so enjoyed reading all about you!!!!! Love all the creations and the pic is soooo adorable!!!

. said...

Dropping by to say hi. From a SITSsta. :D

Have a wonderful week. :D

. said...

You're welcome, and thanks for stopping by my blog. :D

Oh, awesome! Thanks for sharing. :) Do you watch the Disney channels?

Lisa said...

Loved learning more about Jacque!!! Maggi, I enjoyed catching up a bit. I sure did miss alot while I was gone! LOVE all your finds...and I can't wait to see how your trip to the warehouse of fabulous turned out!

Ann said...

Woot! Woot! Jacque ROCKS!!!!!

Marie Reed said...

Rock on! What a great interview... Gosh I really want Jack Sparrow to be a craft supply! I might be the only person on earth who LOVES lima beans!

Anonymous said...

hi there, I'm stopping by from SITS to say hello. I love your blog! :-)

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!! Jacque!!!

MissRedLips said...

great interview!! i love the shih-tzu in the pic also! too cute!

Winchester Manor said...

Hi Maggi,

Thanks for introducing Jacque to me, she's fabulous! I'm with Jacque on the lima beans, totally gross!

deb famularo said...

Jacque rocks!!!!!!!! I love your interviews!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julie said...

Yeah Jacque loved reading more about you.

Lee said...

Love the idea of the Craftaholic!! Stopping in from SITS!

bethchien said...

Such an awesome interview and I love that green craft table!