Friday, April 10, 2009

Friday Night Fab Five: Blog Edition

Welcome to another edition of Friday Night Fab Five where I list my current faves for the week or maybe just give you a heads up on things/sites you may have missed. This Friday Night Fab Five is a blog edition! I love love love visiting blogs (and leaving comments!) so I wanted to give you 5 blogs I love to visit. Go check them out because I've pointed them out for a (good) reason! lol

So without further ado...

Friday Night Fab Five: Blogs


1. If you haven't already noticed the pinky blinky to the left, that is the banner for The Secret Is In The Sauce or SITS. SITS is a blog that specializes in encouraging blog comments and support for fellow bloggers. "The secret to success to support" as they say. This blog is a great way to increase visits to your blog and comments as well. It's give and take though but I know you are all already in the habit of blog commenting, yes? :P If you haven't been there already, head on over! Find out what you need to know here.

2. Speaking of SITS, their Featured Blog today happens to be Think Kookie. They have their own line of girls clothing and they also have an amazing talent for finding the coolest stuff online which they post on their blog. I want to buy Toot 5 of everything they sell! They have the grooviest little dresses for girls!

3. Listen, there's nothing better than a cupcake...especially if that cupcake is full of liquor. lol Welcome to Java Cupcake! This blog is all about coffee and cupcakes, woo hoo! Check out her recipe for Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes: "This cupcake consists of a Guinness infused chocolate cupcake piped with chocolate & Jameson whiskey ganache all topped with Bailey's Irish Cream Buttercream Swirl frosting." Oh baby...

4. Boy, I love decorating this blog o' mine. There's nothing better than finding a new background to jazz it up around here and this week I discovered Shabby Blogs. Megan has some c-u-t-e and groovy layouts. She's still working on 3 columns and I am waiting patiently (okay, not so patiently) for when they're up. Go check out what she has going right now and look forward to more fantastic work from her coming up soon!

5. I love finding blogs to stalk, especially if they are new blogs. There's nothing better than visiting someone's blog when they're just getting started and are newly addicted to the madness. lol Christy over at That's Who I Am has a new blog. She loves scrapping and reading and her husband's name is Chris just like mine so already I know she has good taste. lol Check out her blog and welcome her to our crazy fabulous community!

That's it for this week's Fab Five, have a great weekend and Happy Easter everyone!

Holy smokes, I almost forgot! Toot is 6 months old today!!!! Go Toot!

12 comments:

The Wallace Family said...

Aww I feel so honored! Thank you for recognizing me! Your baby is just adorable. I can't wait to have one of my own!!

Anonymous said...

Happy 6 months Miss Toot!! And a Happy Easter to you and your family. Thanks for sharing the links, I will have to check those out and those Irish Car Bomb cupcakes oh my! I have a friend in AZ I need to get that link to. They have a full size bar in their living room with Guiness on tap!

Anonymous said...

Love this weeks 5! Um, coffee and cupcakes...yessss please!

Happy 6 months to Toot, I feel like I know her :)

Laura-Lee said...

6 months old! Time flys doesn't it? She's a doll.....Happy Easter to you Maggie!

Rita Barakat said...

Aww congrats to toots! SO cute!

Jocelyn said...

Happy Half Birthday Toot!!!! They grow so quickly!!! She is just soooooo adorable!!! Have a Blessed Holiday!

andrea said...

Happy 1/2 birthday too!! She is so pretty!

Custard Shoppe said...

Ohh she is a doll, brings back memories of my 6yo.. So sweet!
thanks for visiting us!

bethchien said...

happy Easter!
B

Stacey said...

Wow 6 months already! Happy 6 months Toot! Love all the blog links. Loving the Java Cupcake off to go try some of those recipes. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Megan {ShabbyBlogs} said...

Aw. That just totally made my day! Thank you! I'll get more wide layouts up soon...just for you. :)

Your daughter is ADORABLE!!!

Jackie said...

Great post, and your Daughter is so cute! What a sweet photo :)