Thursday, February 19, 2009

Harold, Maude and a 5 Day Layout

Week 3 of the Life Preservers Scrapbook Club's "Cruise Around the World in 8 Layouts" took us to Greece and a clip of "My Big Fat Greek Wedding". So this week's assignment was to scrap our favorite movie, any way we wanted to...wow, this was going to be a challenge for me!

Partly because I have so many movies that I love and partly because I needed to figure out how to convey that movie on a layout. I finally picked my all time favorite movie, "Harold and Maude" which came out in 1971. There is a scene in the movie where Harold and Maude are sitting in a field of daisies and Maude talks about how our differences are to be celebrated. The movie is about loving freely and not being afraid to be hurt or lose something, whether material or emotional. Once I thought of this scene, I instantly got a picture in my head of the layout that I wanted to do: a layout covered in daisies. I also thought of a picture from our wedding that the photographer got during our reception. We weren't posed, we were just goofing off, singing and dancing and I felt that fit the movie theme and my layout. I didn't think I would ever get finished by the deadline on Sunday, but here it is!

*drumroll*

I of course made the flowers and attached them with brads in the middle. I used different pieces of white and yellow scrap paper to make them. I "stickled" random flower centers and added a ribbon border.

Cat Stevens did the entire soundtrack for the movie and the journaling around the edge are lyrics from one of those songs. It says, "If you want to sing out, sing out! And if you want to be free, be free! Cause there's a million things to be, you know that there are..."

I enjoyed making this layout. The assignment really made me think outside of the box...

Keep on rolling,

12 comments:

Christi Flores said...

Wow!! This must have taken you forever! This is incredible!!!

Merecca said...

Thank you for the comment! I love your flowers, they're so adorable! And you made them yourself?! That's awesome!

Janna said...

Wow! I can't believe you made all those flowers! They are incredible! And I love the way they accent the picture! Just perfect! I am sad to say I have never seen this movie but it sounds interesting! I think I might have to go rent it!

Smiles,
janna

Anonymous said...

wow your LO is awesome and I love the flowers. What a great idea!

latte_grande said...

Oooo, such a gorgeous layout! I've never seen that movie, but the way you described it makes me want to! :)

Thanks for your comment on my blog! My "baby" will be 3 this summer...I decided it was about time to lose the baby weight, lol! LOVE your blog design, btw....and sorry for all the exclamation points!!

Sean80 said...

Very cool. I actually watched that movie at your recommendation and loved it. Your design definitely fits it. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow this is gorgeous.. love all the flowers...

Anonymous said...

Love those flowers!!!!

Shellye McDaniel said...

This is SO COOL! I just love it!!!!

Fink said...

Those flowers are just gorgeous and must have take quite some time!

Jackie said...

I love the flowers,it's gorgeous :)

Anonymous said...

...and if you want to live high, live high
and if you want to live low, live low
cuz there's a million ways to go
you know that there are...
Beautiful! Awespme photos - the flowers are too pretty!! You must have a very talented mother.