Tuesday, January 20, 2009

And The Rose Goes To...

I can remember hating The Bachelor when it first hit ABC. I thought to myself, "This is why people think all women are desperate, look at these idiots!". All fighting over one man that they probably didn't even like? Seriously?

When the second season started, I decided to watch it in full so I would know enough about the show that I could feel fully justified and knowledgeable in my outrage and disgust for the state of America. And that's when I fell in love with the show and have been a faithful viewer ever since...

Don't you judge me!

Yes, I realize that these people find love and lose it during the commercial breaks but it's darn fine entertainment. Sometimes I'm in the mood to watch people share "romance" and insecurities (see The Bachelor) and sometimes I'm in the mood to watch people share STDs (see every "love" show currently on VH1 and then go shower).

This current season with Jason Mesnick (Deanna's castoff from last season of The Bachelorette) has been both entertaining and cringe inducing. Natalie, boiling from her elimination last night, trying to put together a coherent tell off for Jason wasn't half as amusing as watching the Network rushing to rip the million dollar loaner bling off her neck once Jason gave her the boot. Awesome!

But what's really made the show for me this season has been the weekly blog written by host, Chris Harrison....finally! I've always thought that he would love to tell some of these people on the show what he really thinks and it looks like he's decided to tell us instead...lucky us!

Check it out here: Chris Harrison blogs episode 3 of The Bachelor

Keep on rolling!

Katamommy

4 comments:

Sean80 said...

Can't wait to read your new blog, as well as your old one. The title is fantastic and ingenius. :) I really should start doing mine again. Thanks for the link to mine. I'll be sure to add yours.

As for the subject matter of your post, I think it's best not to comment since I was hooked on the first Joe Millionaire. :P

CivilWar Fangirl said...

So happy to see the new blog!! And I'll keep reading your old one as well.

BTW, you and I need to talk wine sometime! I've been on a red kick for awhile but am starting to turn back to white wine (preferably from new Zealand) ;)

Oh yeah, and thank-you for the link to mine and Jere's blog! Much appreciated! :) I'll put a link up for yours.

All the best!

Anonymous said...

you are too funny. love your thoughts. you keep rolling! Corrie

Anonymous said...

Tormentx Says.....I digg the new Blog !