Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Say Say Say

Gauche Alchemy is currently having a contest to name their pink kit! So put your thinking cap on and make your suggestions here! Tell them I sent ya! (I helped named the blue kit, "Blue Streak" yay me! lol)

Update "Christmas In July" blog party:

Wow, have you seen the list over to the right there? I was praying I'd get 5 people to party with me this Saturday and we're over 40 now! That is so awesome! Thanks to everyone that's going to celebrate Christmas with me this weekend. Please make sure you actually post on Saturday if your blog is on the list! (You of course have the option to post your party on Friday if you'd like to get a head start!) If you've decided that you will not be able to participate please e-mail me and I will take your name off of the list. If you want to be on the list and do not see your blog, please e-mail me ASAP! I've tried to make sure I have everyone listed. katamommy at gmail dot com

If you cannot host a party of your own, I hope you will join us on Saturday and party hop your fingers off! A little birdie told me that there will be loads of giveaways (including one from yours truly), yummy food and who knows what else so don't miss out! One last note, I'm taking sign-ups until Friday night so it is never too late to sign up! (Well, unless it's Saturday...then its too late. :P)

This week's challenge over at Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge Blog was to use an unexpected element in your project inspired by Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. (They pick a different movie every week, fun!) Luckily you are able use inspiration from any of the HP movies because I decided to make a page in my 3x4 altered book using my movie ticket from the new movie and a magic wand made from a toothpick:



I think this little book is finishing up, I'm running out of room! Luckily, I got the best idea yesterday after visiting one of my muses, DustJacket Attic so look for a new project coming soon!

The crop at Life Preservers Scrapbook Club was a blast although I did more chatting and game playing than actual scrapping...oops! lol Oh well, here's a couple of mine from the crop anyway:




Have a great Tuesday everyone!

23 comments:

Winchester Manor said...

Can't wait for Saturday! Great... Layouts Maggi!! Love the Harry Potter and of course anything you do of Toot is precious. I make that same face when I eat peas...yuck!!!!

xoxo
Karyn

Jocelyn said...

Looks like it is going to be great party....so sorry I can't participate...but I will pop in a try to say Hi to all of you!!!!! Love the LO's...you have such a great style!!! Wishing you a Terrific Tuesday!!!

laterg8r said...

i love love the toothpick magic wand! none of my girls liked peas either :) my post for the blog party is done and auto posted - can't wait :)

Anonymous said...

I'm So excited for saturday woohoo~

I just entered my idea for the pink kit, it's a little quirky tho hehe.


Love your LO's! She's sooo adorable.

Lola said...

We're all getting Christmas fever!
Everyone should have a great time!

Thanks, Maggi, for being the hostess with the mostest!

xxLOL LOLA:)

HiHo said...

I've been working on my Saturday post but don't see myself on the list??? Did I have to do more than a comment and a link button to make the list? I really want to be apart of the event. Heidi

NicNacManiac said...

Christmas....Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells...whoohoo!!
Your pages of Harry are really adorable...as usual!!
Enjoy the rest of your day!!
Hugs xOxO, Nerina :)

Anonymous said...

Holy Moly! I just realized the party is this weekend!!! where did July go???? :-)

Ann said...

I'm loving your project for HP, and your Toot LOs are super cute as always...of course they are, Toot's in the pics! ;)

deb famularo said...

great pages Maggi- i know Saturday will be a blast, I'm going to CA or I'd come play! xOxO

Anonymous said...

Wow Maggi... look at you go with your Christmas in July idea! Woohoo!! I hope I will be able to pop in and at least say hi.
Love the new pages and can't wait to see what's up your sleeve next. Toot is too cute in her layouts.

Pearl Maple said...

Will be sure to be back over the weekend to see what you gals are up to, Christmas in July is agreat theme, caught me on short notice.

That Crazy Ajumma said...

I am all ready for the Christmas party!! I can't wait!
I really need to check out some of these paper challenges I hav alot of stuff I need to use up. Plus it will be a good way for me to practice.

debra@dustjacket said...

Oh gosh, getting nervous about Sat, better get organized!

Thanks for mention, you sweetie.

That was so hilarious with toot and peas, it's like the aliens had landed.

Then when I saw her sleeping I though ahhh "sleeping beauty" then noticed you had put sleeping cutie. Adorable.xxx

Michelle said...

Oh I can't wait for Saturday!! I am also have a giveaway! I LOVE your books. Are those peas in that little mouth? YUCKO! Lol! :) I hate peas too.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhh i sooooooo wish I could join in the blog party...but I leave for my trip on Monday and have a gazillion things to do this weekend....I am gonna try my best to visit who I can from your list though! :):):):) LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the journal page and the LO!!! TOOT is sooooooooooooooo ADORABLE! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Bananastamper said...

Fun layouts Maggi - she is sucha cutie! I do NOT blame her, I don't like peas either - unless of course, they are straight from the garden! Looking forward to Saturday!

Cheers,
Shanna

The Wallace Family said...

Oh I love the picture of Toot not enjoying her peas! Too cute. Of course she is so adorable anyways:) Still thinking about Christmas. I paid my deposit for my makeover, but I know there are LOTS of people ahead of me! I can't wait for you to see what I picked out though!

yyam said...

Those photos of Toot not liking her peas are just super cute!
Can't wait for the party!

Melissa aka Equidae said...

so how do these parties work? seems like fun....passed from sits and i hope you pass a good day

Unknown said...

I've got that song "say, say, say" stuck in my head! I'm sooo excited for Christmas in July! I SUPPOSE I can offer up something fun too!!!!! So, we just link up to the person after us on the side bar right?

Yay! I got my Toot fix for the week! I would definitely appreciate more though! Ha ha!

Huggy Hugs,
Mo

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Fun scrapbook pictures!

Alicia said...

i love the sleeping cutie page!!! ADORABLE!