So last week I ended up at Sleepy Poets THREE times. The first time was when I took Chris, the second time was with my mom where I got...
And more pictures to be used in future art projects
The third time I went (which was Sunday) it was with a friend who had never been there before and I got...nothing! Well, that's actually not true. I found this old book by Louisa May Alcott that was totally falling apart and since it was only $1 I figured I would get it and put it to pieces later. But other than that...nothing! Go me!
So I think I am Sleepy Poeted out for a while at least. I did see about 20 hats I wanted to buy but I restrained myself. My mom was sweet enough to bring me a couple of bios to add to my collection: Vivian Vance and because Mr. Poitier was all alone, she also brought a copy of a bio on Jimmy Stewart. I'm still currently reading Esther William's autobiography which has been very interesting. I've learned a lot about how the studios worked back then and the most interesting thing so far was that back then the tabloids did not try and make stars look bad but they were there to make them look good.
A lot of the gossip columnists at that time were in the pocket of the studios so they called the studios for rumor verification before printing anything. Very different from our Star and TMZ. Also, I found the book on Viven Leigh I've been wanting at a thrift store for 50 cents! Wowzers!
In other (delayed) news, I got tagged!
I love this one because of how many fine folks thought of me when they gave it to me! First I was tagged by the wonderful Kathie, then I was tagged by the fabulous Deb and finally by the super fun Crystal!
Then I got this from Danielle:
Thanks so much for thinking of me ladies!!!
Okay, so I'm suppose to list ten things about me for the first one and 7 things about me for the second one. (I hope I got those numbers right!) I guess technically that means I should list 37 things but let's be honest here: I'm just not that interesting. :P So without further ado, here are 10 random things about me:
1. I am so tired I think I could sleep for a week.
2. I'm not a very patient person. Trying to work on this one...
3. I used to HATE veggies when I was a kid but now that I am an adult, I'll eat anything but broccoli. My favorite is asparagus.
4. You know those home party businesses like Pampered Chef and Creative Memories? I used to have one of those businesses...except I sold sex toys. Remind me to tell you of the time that I had to cross a parking lot in front of a construction crew with a rifle case in one hand and a sex swing in the other...
5. When I was younger, I wanted to get married by 20 and have a huge family. Instead, I got married at 30 and have one child. Life may not turn out how you thought it would but it sure it worth waiting for!
6. When people ask me what my favorite color is I tell them "sparkly".
7. You may notice that a lot of my posts are time stamped "1:24 AM". This is because Toot was born at 1:24 in the morning.
8. Although this is not popular opinion, I prefer Grease 2 over Grease.
9. I love garlic. LOVE it. I can eat cloves of it by itself and like to put it in just about everything I cook. Luckily Chris likes it too.
10. I smoked cigarettes on and off for 20 years, smoking my first one when I was 10. I quit once I met Chris because I knew he wouldn't date a smoker. By the time I quit I was up to 3 packs a day.
So there you go! I am fascinating, aren't I? *crickets* Hello? Anyone? lol
Stay tuned this week because I have more fun projects to share as well as some of Toot's portraits. If I've been remiss in visiting your blog, please know I'll be there shortly!!!