First things first, Traci at Sweet Cheeky Designs is giving away a free blog makeover to someone that she finds inspirational! (Or you could just be a kook like me, she likes that too! lol) She is the artist behind my new look so go check out her blog to learn more!
Now on to this week's Friday Night Fab Five! This week (in my humble opinion) is the most fun week yet! Let's get to it!
I felt like going "vintage" for this week's Fab Five for some reason and what could be more of an icon for vintageousness (yes, I just made that word up) than "I Love Lucy"? The clothes, the furniture, the physical comedy and one liners that still make me laugh till I cry! It holds up so well to the test of time and isn't that what vintage is all about?
1. On their way to Hollywood, Lucy and the gang make a stop in New Mexico, Ethel's home town. Unbeknown st to the others, Ethel has been telling everyone back home that she is the star and decides to put on her own show which is promptly crashed by Lucy, Ricky and Fred. This scene at Ethel's show is one of my favorites!
2. In "The Benefit", Lucy once again gets Ricky to be in a benefit for her ladies club. Thinking he has one over on her this time, he picks a song where Lucy has a small part and none of the punchlines. She of course finds out and turns the tables on Ricky. (And check out Ethel's corsage, holy mum!)
3. Seriously, every time I see Lucy crashing one of Ricky's shows I laugh so hard I cry. Mostly because Ricky's expressions are PRICELESS! In this episode, Ricky has said no to Lucy's show business dreams, especially now that Little Ricky has been born. Not willing to let Fred and Ethel be the only ones in Ricky's show, she crashes in the usual fabulous Lucy style.
4. When Lucy convinces Ricky to demand a raise, he gets fired from the club. Lucy and pals devise a plan to make Ricky's now ex-boss see he made a mistake by reserving every table at the club, showing up in different costumes and then leaving when they discover Ricky is no longer appearing there.
5. Tears.Streaming.Down.My.Face. That's all I need to say to introduce Lucy rehearsing her commercial for Vitameatavegamin.
How in the world I picked just five "I Love Lucy" moments, I'll never know! I really could have made this a Friday Night Fab 100. lol Oh what the heck, we can't have scenes from "I Love Lucy" without including Lucy and Ethel working at the candy factory!!!!
If you are a fan of this show, I'd love to hear some of your favorite Lucy moments! I hope y'all enjoyed this week's Fab Five! Hopefully it put a smile on your face and got you in the mood for a fabulous weekend!