Wednesday, April 22, 2009

ATC=Another Time Consumer

I need a new craft like I need a hole in the head...I mean technically, I already have a hole in my head if you count my mouth...well, actually there's 7 if you count the ears, nostrils and ... ANYWAY ...

My crafting ADD is in high gear, especially now that I am venturing in the world of ATC or Artist Trading Cards. Think of them as baseball cards for artists except without the tooth cracking gum. You make them 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 and other than that, anything goes! There's even entire forums set up just for trading ATCs and there is enormous talent out there to drool over!

My favorite artist by far is Frieda, go to her blog and check out her gallery and tell her the crazy American girl is sending new people to stalk her art, LOL. ;)

So of course, I had to jump right in and what luck! LPS is going to have an ATC swap soon and our theme is Spring, fun fun fun! I've had so much fun researching ATCs and really hope I can become decent at making them! How fun to have something so small to trade with other artists, I love seeing how other people create and this is a perfect, inexpensive way to do it. Woo hoo!

I hope everyone has a great day!

Wait a minute, I'm forgetting something...

Oh right! My very first ATC is finished and ready for viewing! I made it from some scraps out of my April Kit from LPS. I'm not really sure what it is but it's me being creative so I'm happy with it! LOL Remember, it's my first so be sweet! LOL ;) Have a great day y'all!

6 comments:

Jocelyn said...

You are soooooo funny!!! I love your ATC! I have not tried these as of yet, and now you have me thinking about it, you enabler!!!!!! Have a Happy Wednesday!

Anonymous said...

wow! way to go for your first ACT! I am soo staying away from them! It's taking will power mind you, but I am staying away.
Happy Wednesday!

Jackie said...

awe your first atc is so cute!!! I love it :)I might make some more this weekend...I think it will become a new addiction!!

{ erin } said...

Hey. Haven't seen you on 2SCD much lately. How are things going? Do you still want help on your scrappy goodness?

:o) erin

Michele Kovack said...

I think this turned out FABULOUS!!!

deb famularo said...

Oh, you did one! YaY! Addicting aren't they!!!!
Hmmm, maybe I see some Alice ones in our future?????????