Friday, January 23, 2009

Let's Go To The Bop...and Destroy It

Even before Toot was born, I was investigating programming for children: TV, movies, music, etc etc etc. I worked for a daycare and came in contact with all sorts of crap I knew I would never let my children watch. Not necessarily because I felt they contained objectionable material, but more so because they sucked. So I had already decided that no child of mine should watch Barney (is he even still around?), Teletubbies or listen to Kidz Bop.

I'm always at a loss whenever I see a Kidz Bop commercial. Who thought it would be a good idea to have children rerecord adult songs? Excuse me if I do not want listen to children singing Wham's "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go". That song was bad enough the first time around. Not to mention Twisted Sister's "We're Not Gonna Take It" and Rhianna's "Umbrella". Come on parents! Really? Come to think of it, why are these artists letting this company use their songs in the first place? Creepy...

It's not cute and it's not harmless...However it is funny in a frightening sort of way... Here's an early commercial for "Kidz Bop 4"


Keep on rolling (away from Kidz Bop),
Katamommy

0 comments: